Following a wee run in with the local plod on the way to Meigle… the highway code says..
1. keep both hands on the handlebars except when signalling or changing gear
2. keep both feet on the pedals
3. never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends
4. not ride close behind another vehicle
5. not carry anything which will affect your balance or may get tangled up with your wheels or chain
6. be considerate of other road users, particularly blind and partially sighted pedestrians. Let them know you are there when necessary, for example, by ringing your bell if you have one. It is recommended that a bell be fitted.
So up through Alyth and then the Den of Alyth … to where it just got too icy.. so a swift about turn and back to the Meigle coffee shop for scones and coffee/tea. Then home via Newtyle!